Position title: Online English Teacher
Contract type: Independent Contractor
Rate: $16-20 USD/hr (2 lessons)
Location: Remote, online (U.S. and Canada)
Start date: Immediately
Contract term: 6 months
- Teach English to young learners between 4-12 years of age through Qkids’ online Teacher Software
- Our Class Coordination Team will handle scheduling and student assignment for you
- Teachers will be teaching classrooms with up to 4 students
- The curriculum is preset, no lesson planning required
- Each in-lesson time is 30 minutes
- Coaching and support provided
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Currently reside in the U.S. or Canada (due to the internet restriction)
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program
- Able to teach 6+ hours weekly
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, or homeschooling
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc) is highly preferred
- Digital literacy and the ability to lead an engaging learning atmosphere
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
Available class time slots (19 hrs)
7 days a week (AM - EST):
5:40-6:10, 6:20-6:50, 7:00-7:30, 7:40-8:10
Plus Friday and Saturday (PM - EST):
7:40-8:10, 8:20-8:50, 9:00-9:30, 9:40-10:10, 10:20-10:50
Payment and Incentives
Base pay: $8 base pay for full lessons. $4 base pay for standby lessons (approximately 10 minutes with no teaching required).
Incentive: eligibility for $1 Performance Fee for each lesson based on family review. Eligibility for $1 Attendance Bonus for each lesson once a minimum of 15 lessons are taught in a week. Limited Attendance policies requiring 24 hour notice for schedule changes and minimum 5 hour notice to maintain eligibility for overall attendance fee.
Apply with all required materials -> Initial screening -> Demo Interview 1 -> Demo Interview 2 -> Trial Classes & Background Check -> Contract
Qkids is a leading online education platform that connects North American English teachers with over 300,000 Chinese students from ages 4 to 12 years old. Using a narrative game-based curriculum, teachers guide students through fun and dynamic learning experiences while in the comfort of their own homes. Qkids’ unique patented platform is user-friendly and engaging for teachers and students alike. Founded in 2015, Qkids has become a national leader in cross-cultural online learning and established offices in Shenzhen, Xiamen, Guangzhou, and Beijing. The company has completed its Series B financing round led by IDG Capital and is poised to build lasting growth across the world.
This opportunity: contract, part-time, work from home, remote, online, tutor, teacher, teach online, education, stay at home.